What are you paying for in a commercial real estate commission when buying, selling, or leasing a commercial property? Here is a quick list of just some of the things a commission pays for:
- Over 30 years of expert knowledge in the local real estate field.
- An ever expanding marketing database of over 50,000 professionals and investors
- A custom built 60 step marketing plan for your property
- Expert Analysis of Financial, Investment, and Market Analysis
- A group of experienced real estate experts
- Trained negotiator
- Pre-qualified buyers and tenants
There are many, many more steps and process involved as well and everything in commercial real estate is not as black and white. There are also many different ways of structuring a commercial real estate commission. For example it could be paid over the term of a lease, or paid for on a monthly retainer. Also, it is not uncommon for the buyer or tenant to pay a portion or all of the agents commission. It is all in how you structure and negotiate the deal. Here is a quick video I did for more information.